Heads up Network faithful, you can never get too much information about the health care reform train that left the station awhile ago (also known as ACA) so you might want to pencil in this webinar on your calendar. The National Institute for Health Care Management sponsors the webinar.
Webinar: Emerging Models of Public and Private Health Insurance Exchanges
May 16, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The health insurance exchange is one of the centerpieces of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, promising to increase transparency and reduce premiums. Some states are successfully forging ahead with exchange implementation, while others are stymied by political uncertainties, including the impending Supreme Court decision. Meanwhile, private exchanges are evolving, and health insurers are buying into already established exchanges such as Bloom Health.
To explore these emerging models, this webinar will feature leading experts discussing:
- an overview of public and private health insurance exchanges and the markets they serve,
- different approaches the federal government and states are taking to implement exchanges, and
- Bloom Health and the movement toward defined contribution.
- Speaker Biographies (coming soon)
- Presentations (slides will be posted shortly before the event):
- Lay of the Land: An Overview of Public & Private Exchanges, Sanjay B. Saxena, MD, Vice President and Partner, and Paolo Borromeo, Principal, Booz & Company Inc.
- Bloom Health: Defined Contribution Arrangements & Private Exchanges, Catherine Campbell, Vice President, Strategy, Planning and Business Development, WellPoint, Inc.
- Different Federal and State Approaches to Insurance Exchanges, W. Brett Graham, Managing Director, Leavitt Partners, LLC
- Additional Resources (coming soon)
Go to the NICMH website.