Don't miss this important upcoming webinar where you can learn more about the CMCS Informational Bulletin on Prevention and Early Identification of Mental Health and Substance Use Conditions in Children and how the bulletin is helping agencies broaden their thinking about resources available to help them meet the needs of children under EPSDT.
Here is the webinar announcement:
- Join us for a webinar to discuss the CMCS Informational Bulletin on Prevention and Early Identification of Mental Health and Substance Use Conditions in Children, which was released on March 27, 2013. This CMCS Informational Bulletin was issued to help inform states about resources available to help them meet the needs of children under EPSDT, specifically with respect to mental health and substance use disorder services. The webinar will feature speakers from several federal agencies including CMS, ACF/ACYF, and SAMHSA, discussing the Information Bulletin as well as the collaborative efforts underway between the agencies. Dr. Jane Meschan Foy from the American Academy of Pediatrics will provide information on the toolkit AAP has developed for providers to improve identification of mental illness and enhance treatment in primary care. In addition, Medicaid staff from Colorado will speak about the work they have been doing to extend depression and substance use screening, diagnosis and treatment to children and adolescents.
- When: June 19, 2013, 2:00pm-3:30pm EDT
- CMS - John O’Brien, Senior Policy Advisor, Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group
- ACF/ACYF - Clare Anderson, Deputy Commissioner with the Administration for Children, Youth, and Families
- SAMHSA - Rebecca Flatow, Public Health Analyst
- AAP - Jane Meschan Foy, MD FAAP, Professor of Pediatrics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine; Chair, American Academy of Pediatrics Task Force on Mental Health, 2004-2010
- Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing - Gina Robinson, Program Administrator, Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing; Jerry Ware, Quality & Compliance Specialist, Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing
- The webinar is open to individuals interested in resources available to help meet the needs of children under EPSDT. Sign up here.