After years of researching, writing, editing, and testing, we at Vroon VDB, LLC are proud to announce that our High Fidelity Wraparound Textbooks are finally here, and available for purchase on our online store. There are four books available: The Foundations of High Fidelity Wraparound for Wraparound Facilitators, The Foundations of High Fidelity Wraparound for Family Support Partners, The Foundations of High Fidelity Wraparound for Youth Support Partners, and Coaching High Fidelity Wraparound: The Coach/Trainer Textbook. Here are a few things our early readers have to say about them:
- “These are incredible. I can’t believe how much information is in these books!”
- “I love, love, love the pictures and charts – I’ve always learned better that way.’
- “As a coach, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the exercises and debriefing questions. That really frees up a lot of my time.”
- “I’ve been doing wraparound for years, and I am still learning so much from this book!”
- “The coaching tools in this book give me so many ideas. I can’t wait to get started.”
Our new textbooks were designed with two goals: to help agencies get new staff to fidelity quickly, understanding the constraints they were likely to be operating under, and to disseminate a variety of new information we have learned about the wraparound process through our implementation research. The textbooks work well for large and small groups, but they are designed for certified coaches to take 1-3 staff through. The staff work through the books independently, stopping to debrief the chapters and exercises with the coach.
We are very proud of our new textbooks, and we hope you will give them a look. Here are a few of our favorite features:
- The new textbook presents many new strategies for staff to use to produce high fidelity wraparound and success with families.
- The books are no longer dependent on a trainer or coach to explain the text, so coaches can put their efforts towards illustrating and expanding.
- There are new exercises that focus more on problem solving and reflection - instead of restating the facts presented - to create much deeper learning. The textbook includes debriefing questions for coaches or small group discussion to support the deep learning cycle.
- The new books also include visual representations of all the main learning objectives to support visual learners and activities to support physical learning.
These textbooks are part of our efforts to make self-sustainable high fidelity wraparound possible for a wider range of agencies. Now, all a wraparound agency needs to bring new staff up to fidelity is one or more certified coaches, and textbooks. No costly consultants. No ongoing outside coaching. No endless rounds of sending staff to someone else’s Wrap 101 trainings. Just agencies becoming self-sustainable, so all their resources can go towards providing better and better wraparound for families.
Director of Training and Social Media
Vroon VDB, LLC