Strolling Thunder is here! Today, families from across the nation will be visiting with their members of Congress and asking them to Think Babies. There are three Ways You Can Participate:
1) Join the virtual Strolling Thunder rally that will going on all day on social media! Attached is a Strolling Thunder Social Media kit, including sample posts and graphics. Help amplify the message of the day and speak up on why investments in babies and families are investments in our nation’s future! Tweets in the social media toolkit include:
- Why #ThinkBabies? For time to bond after birth or adoption; quality, affordable #childcare; and resources parents want and need.
- In 33 states and DC, infant care costs more than college tuition. To change that, we all need to #ThinkBabies.
- Most of our investments in early childhood start too late. That's why it's critical for #Congress to #ThinkBabies now!
- When parents don’t have access to #paidleave, their babies – and our society as a whole – suffers. #ThinkBabies
- #DYK nearly 50% of America’s babies live in or near poverty? Congress, it’s time to #ThinkBabies.
1) Are you in DC? Attend the event at 12noon on the Hill! Advocates will be strolling on Capitol Hill to make sure our elected leaders know it’s time to #ThinkBabies and give all infants and toddlers a strong start in life! Come meet the babies and “stroll” with ZERO TO THREE. Bring your baby (in their stroller!) to help spread the #ThinkBabies message.
Details are below but this is a great event for CLC members to send your interns to- ask them to take pictures and share on social media with the hashtag: #ThinkBabies
Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Time: Please arrive at 12:00 p.m. to assemble and pick up your free gift
Location: Upper Senate Park
RSVP here: thinkbabies.org/facebookevent