Network faithful are well aware of our involvement with the Coalition for Health Funding which is part of NDD United, a coalition of leaders joining forces in an effort to save nondefense discretionary (NDD) programs from more devastating cuts. NDD programs are core functions government provides for the benefit of all, including medical research, public health, and education, among others. Every day these programs support economic growth and strengthen the safety and security of every American in every state and community across the nation.
We need your stories!
Network faithful are encouraged to send stories, stories, and more stories about how sequestration is having an impact at the local and personal level. With September set up as the first do-or-die battle on sequestration, July and August are perfect for gathering and packaging and perfecting those stories!
- How are these cuts impacting your program?
- How will that affect your program ability to provide vital core public services?
- Will staff be reduced?
- Will those that depend on the services your program provides have less access to critical services?
- Will waiting lists expand?
These stories are needed to help us paint a picture for policymakers, press, and the public of the real world impacts these cuts will have.
- Share your story about the impact of the sequester on your program here.