We were pleased to see the addition of an easy-to-navigate webpage on the SAMHSA website devoted to health insurance enrollment. The webpage does a really nice job of laying out information about insurance coverage and researching what other States are doing to improve enrollment processes. Resources on the page include:
- The opportunity to find coverage through healthcare.gov’s insurance finder;
- Current health insurance options, such as Medicaid, CHIP and the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan;
- Health insurance options available starting January 1, 2014, including expanded Medicaid eligibility and coverage through the Affordable Insurance Exchanges;
- Information about priority populations, such as young adults and individuals who have difficulty sustaining health insurance coverage, both of which have disproportionally high behavioral health needs;
- Provider specific information, such as webinars, fact sheets, and business operations resources; and
- State specific information, such as State level behavioral health prevalence data, webinars, online eligibility applications, and information on SAMHSA specific projects like the Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy - Health Reform Education program.
Click here to go to the SAMHSA health insurance enrollment webpage. Nicely done SAMHSA!