The world of Peer Support continues to expand. This webinar will provide consumers, administrators, managers and providers with an historical look at Peer Supports, examples of successful Peer Support implementation, and the latest communication from CMS regarding Medicaid reimbursement of these important supports. Presenters will cover the topics of Adult Peer Supports, Youth Peer Supports, and Family Peer Supports.
Participants will gain a greater understanding of the role Peer Support providers can play in addressing the growing need for an expanded mental health workforce. By tapping into this emerging, non-traditional pool, organizations can greatly enhance both the quality and volume of services and supports that are provided within their community. Presenters will share indicators that demonstrate that individuals often cite a greater level of comfort and higher satisfaction when Peer Support providers are involved in the supports and services received.
- Webinar: Peer Supports: What Exactly Does That Mean?
- Friday, May 9th, 2014, from 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern
- Presenters: Mental Health America, Youth Move, National Federation of Families
- Instructions for joining the May 9th webinar:
- 1. Go to http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/peersupports/
- When the Adobe Connect Log-in screen appears, select "Enter as a Guest," enter the name and state of the participant in the "Name" field (Ex. Jane Doe-AK) and click on "Enter Room."
- 2. You will then be prompted to join the Audio portion of the meeting. You can do so by:
- Selecting "Dialing-in to the Audio Conference Via Phone."
- Please dial 1-888-727-2247 and enter the conference ID number 5433540#.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact Kelle Masten at email@example.com or via phone at 703-682-5187.