We keep promoting the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) in the hope that children's mental health researchers will get more involved in patient-centered comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER). Well, another opportunity has just presented itself. PCORI has just announced plans to award up to $81 million in a new round of PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs).
The PFAs seek proposals for innovative projects that address the five focal areas of PCORI’s National Priorities for Research and Research Agenda:
- Assessment of Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options–projects that address critical decisions that patients, their caregivers, and clinicians face with too little information.
- Improving Healthcare Systems –projects that address critical decisions that face healthcare systems, patients and caregivers who rely on these systems, and clinicians who work within them.
- Communication and Dissemination –projects that address critical elements in the communication and dissemination process among patients, their caregivers, and clinicians.
- Addressing Disparities –projects that will inform the choice of strategies to eliminate disparities.
- Accelerating Patient-Centered Outcomes Research and Methodological Research –studies to address gaps in methodological research relevant to conducting patient-centered outcomes research.
Need we say more? Get on it Network research faithful! Click here to get started.