Youth Catalytics is offering a webinar to help you hone your grant writing skills as you prepare for funding opportunities this coming year. Note that there is a charge of $65.00 for this webinar but if you are in need of some help to nudge you in a winning direction then you might want to take advantage of this opportunity.
Here is the description from the Youth Catalytics website:
Nuts and bolts of applying for Federal grants
Thursday, February 27, 2014
The first webinar in our 2014 Grant Development Webinar Series is designed for grant writers and other personnel responsible for identifying federal funding opportunities and preparing federal grant proposals. You will come away from this session with the basic “how-to’s” of federal grant writing, including:
- Navigating the grants.gov grant application
- Characteristics of successful proposals
- Elements of the narrative
- Guidelines for composing the most challenging narrative elements (needs statement, goals/objectives, workplan, staffing plan, dissemination/replication, logic model and evaluation)
- Budget and budget narrative
- Support letters, memoranda of understanding, and third party agreements
- Presentation and polishing
- Submitting the package
The webinar will provide a general overview of the process of preparing federal grants, with an emphasis on responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (such as ACYF, FYSB, SAMHSA, etc.) and Department of Justice (OJJDP). This webinar will not cover specific federal announcements.
Fee: $65 per registration
For more information, contact Cindy Wilson at (207) 319-6009 or email@example.com.