In September, the White House will host a Champions of Change for Public Health and Prevention event. The White House is seeking nominees whose work involves:
- Supporting community and clinical prevention efforts to address chronic disease, increase education and outreach, and integrate primary and behavioral health
- Creating healthy and safe communities by promoting healthier schools, homes, and workplaces that make the healthy choice the easy choice
- Working to address health disparities and empower all Americans to make healthy choices by addressing health concerns that disproportionately affect certain populations
- Strengthening public health infrastructure and improving public health's capacity to detect and control disease and other threats
- Increasing the uptake of important preventive services, and promoting tobacco prevention.
To nominate a Prevention and Public Health Leader as a Champion of Change, choose the "Public Health and Prevention" theme. Deadline for nominations: Friday, August 9, 2013.