A co-hosted event by Urban Institute and the National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP)
Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
Location: The Urban Institute - 2100 M St. NW, 5th Floor Washington, D.C. 20037
Registration is required to attend the event in Washington, DC.
Live streaming video by UstreamFor webcast viewers, tune into the panel discussion from 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST. Registration is not required. To participate in the discussion, please submit questions to email@example.com.
As January 1, 2014 approaches, policymakers and the public are increasingly focused on how effectively states and the federal government will enroll the uninsured into coverage under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). Over the last four years, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Maximizing Enrollment program worked with eight states to transform state enrollment systems, policies and procedures for Medicaid and CHIP and to prepare for the ACA's enrollment requirements. This briefing will share lessons learned that may be useful for state and federal policymakers as ACA implementation moves forward. Panelists will highlight state innovations that make enrollment faster, more efficient, and more effective, and will define realistic expectations for participation levels under the ACA. Susan Dentzer will moderate this panel discussion highlighting successful enrollment strategies in 2014 and beyond.
- Lori Grubstein, Program Officer, Coverage Team, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Susan Dentzer, Senior Policy Adviser, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Stan Dorn, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Alice Weiss, Co-Director, Maximizing Enrollment; Program Director; NASHP
- Gretel Felton, Director, Technical Support Division, Alabama Medicaid Agency
- Rebecca Mendoza, CHIP Director & Director of Maternal and Child Health Division, Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services
If you would like to participate in this event, please contact Daphne Bond-Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.