November 1, 2013 - A national conference for helping professionals and their organizations, presented by Presented by the S. Mark Taper Foundation Child Trauma Training Academy at Children’s Institute, Inc.
DR. DARYL ROWE JOINS CONFERENCE AS FEATURED SPEAKER|
Learn more about the differing realities of urban environments, the damaging impacts of poverty, and the complex interplay of economic, educational, family, and cultural issues. Featured speaker Daryl Rowe, PhD, of Pepperdine University will address historical and intergenerational trauma. Participants will engage in discussions about the Association of Black Psychologists’ national initiative, “Emotional Emancipation — Defying the Lie and Embracing the Truth of Black Humanity.” The overall aim of the initiative is to address the long-term effects of internalized racism on American Americans, and it seeks to redress the historical trauma of the denial of humanity to persons of African ancestry.
Questions? Please email: CIITrainingCenter@childrensinstitute.org.
LEARN the latest about trauma-informed practice in child welfare and children’s mental health.
EXPERIENCE a full day of engaging programming on reducing the risk of secondary traumatic stress and vicarious trauma, with special keynotes by Joan Borysenko on wellness and self-care, by Pat Levitt on toxic stress and its impact on early learning and health, as well as a heal-the-healer presentation by Jerry Tello.
CONNECT with experts and other helping professionals and organizations who are leading the way in wellness strategies in the workplace.
- DARYL ROWE, PhD, Professor of Psychology at Pepperdine University
- Joan Borysenko, PhD, Co-founder, Mind/Body Clinic at Harvard University; author of the New York Times bestseller “Minding the Body, Mending the Mind” and 13 other books and audio and video programs; and host of a weekly Internet radio show
- Pat Levitt, PhD, Provost Professor of Neuroscience, Pharmacy, Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology, Keck School of Medicine of USC; Senior Fellow, Center for the Developing Child, Harvard University
- Jerry Tello, Director, Sacred Circles, and White House “Fatherhood Champion of Change” honoree; a nationally recognized authority on therapeutic healing
ADDITIONAL CONFERENCE SPEAKERS
- Sandra Chase, MSW | Linda Pedley, MBA
- Denise Davidson, MFTI | Jo Sornborger, PsyD
- Ediza Garcia, PsyD | Martha Marie Watson, LCSW
- Cheryl Lanktree, PhD | Jewel Thais-Williams, MSOM
- Beyond Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
- Cultural Perspectives on Vicarious Trauma
- Reclaim Your Body One Breath at a Time
- Mindful Wellness and Stress Reduction
- Toxic Stress and Its Impact on Early Learning
- Racism Fatigue
- Combating Secondary Trauma When Serving
Military, Veterans and Their Families
- Integrative Treatment of Complex Trauma
- Psychological First Aid in a Community
Violence Prevention Program
- Implementing Trauma-Informed Practice
in Child Welfare: The NCTSN Training Toolkit
Presented by the S. Mark Taper Foundation Child Trauma Training Academy at Children’s Institute, Inc.