Mental Health America’s Regional Policy Council is holding a free webinar on the IMD Exclusion. This has been a topic of great interest to many Network faithful. Check it out!
- IMD Exclusion: Its History, Effects, and Future Policy Implications
- Tuesday, November 10th at 2:00 p.m. EST
- Register here
Join MHA’s Regional Policy Council for a webinar examining the IMD (Institutions for Mental Diseases) Exclusion. The IMD Exclusion restricts federal Medicaid financing for patients in large institutions treating mental health and substance use conditions. This webinar will address the history of the IMD Exclusion, rationale from mental health and substance use advocates looking to either maintain or waive portions of the Exclusion, what’s going on at the federal level, and policy implications.
- John O’Brien, Senior Policy Advisor at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Debbie Plotnick, Vice President of Mental Health & Systems Advocacy at Mental Health America
- Rusty Selix, Executive Director of Policy & Advocacy at Mental Health America of California