Network faithful - a cool opportunity for those among us with schizophrenia, related schizophrenia-spectrum disorders, or bipolar disorder for pursuing higher education from high school equivalency certificates to graduate school. The deadline for applying is January 31, 2013. Here are the details:
To be eligible for consideration for the Lilly Reintegration Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be diagnosed with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizophreniform disorder, or schizoaffective disorder
- Be currently receiving medical treatment for the disease, including medications and psychiatric follow-up
- Be actively involved in rehabilitative or reintegration efforts, such as clubhouse membership, part-time work, volunteer efforts, or school enrollment
- Be a U.S. citizen and plan to attend a school in the United States
- Be age 18 years or older
The Lilly Reintegration Scholarship program is designed to offer financial assistance for a wide range of educational opportunities in which students work to attain a certificate or degree from an accredited institution.
Eligible programs include:
- High school equivalency programs
- Trade or vocational school programs
- Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate degree
◦Please note that noncredit, online, home study, and distance learning courses are not covered under the scholarship. Also, the scholarship is only available to U.S. citizens who plan to attend classes within the United States.