"Holy cow, Batman!" HHS has compiled a listing of a ton of ACA resources in their latest Intergovernmental and External Affairs News Bulletin: Friday, December 28th, 2012. Take a deep breath and dive in:
Visit HealthCare.Gov and CuidadodeSalud.Gov, two consumer-focused health care websites to: find insurance options, learn about prevention, compare care quality, and learn about the law. How is the Affordable Care Act helping you? Share your story here.
Brochures & Educational Materials
Below you’ll find brochures and materials related to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. For other brochures and resources visit: http://www.healthcare.gov/news/brochures/index.html.
The Top Five Things You Need to Know
- Families with Children (PDF – English 7.27 MB, Spanish 1.23 MB)
- Health Care Providers (PDF – English 2.71 MB, Spanish 517 KB)
- People with Disabilities (PDF – English 2.56 MB, Spanish 930 KB)
- Seniors (PDF – English 11.3 MB, Spanish 1.54 MB)
- Small Business Owners (PDF – English 4.22 MB, Spanish 646 KB)
- Young Adults (PDF – English 6.56 MB, Spanish 919 KB)
Information for Consumers and Small Businesses
MyCare: Videos and Stories
Find videos and stories related to how the Affordable Care Act has helped individuals across the country. http://www.healthcare.gov/mycare/stories.html
The Affordable Care Act at Two Years
- The Affordable Care Act and Women
- The Affordable Care Act Gives American Families Greater Control Over Their Own Health Care
- The Affordable care Act Gives Parents Greater Control Over Their Children's Health Care
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Young Adults
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Seniors
- The Affordable Care Act Helps African Americans
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Latinos
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Rural America
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Women
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Small Businesses
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- The Affordable Care Act Helps American Indians and Alaska Natives
- The Affordable Care Act Helps Americans with Disabilities
- The Affordable Care Act Helps LGBT Americans
- Health Reform for American Veterans and Military Personnel
State by State Fact Sheets
Choose your state to learn more about the immediate benefits of the Affordable Care Act.
- State By State Fact Sheets
- Learn the facts and statistics about how the Affordable Care Act will benefit each state.
Regulations and Guidance
Regulations and guidance are used to implement many of the Affordable Care Act provisions that address both private and public health insurance.
- Standards Related to Reinsurance, Risk Corridors and Risk Adjustment
- Eligibility Changes under Affordable Care Act
- Certain Preventive Services under Affordable Care Act
- Student Health Insurance Coverage
The Affordable Care Act creates a number of new grant opportunities. Below, you will find links to the grant centers for the agencies administering these grants. There, and at Grants.gov, you can search for relevant grant opportunities.
- CDC National Public Health Improvement Initiative (NPHII) Grants
- Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight Grants
- Administration for Children and Families Grants
- Administration on Aging Grants
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Health Resources and Services Administration Grants
- Indian Health Service Grants
- National Institutes of Health Grants
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Grants
Several new programs across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services support the work of the Affordable Care Act. You will find information about these programs on this page.
Councils & Groups
The Affordable Care Act establishes a number of councils and groups to carry out provisions in the law. To learn more about the organizations, click on a link below: