The Network was jazzed to see that Gary Blau, PhD, Chief, Child, Adolescent and Family Branch for the Center for Mental Health Services has written a letter encouraging grantees to participate in the Tampa Conference. It is an approved training activity for all grantees funded as part of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and their Families Program.
Plan to be in beautiful, sunny Tampa March 3 - 6, 2013. (It's in the 70's today - so leave the mittens at home!) Early-Bird Conference Registration Fee ends February 15, 2013.
Broad HHS Representation for 2013!
- David Mineta, Deputy Director of Demand Reduction for the Office of National Drug Control Policy at the White House is presenting as part of a panel on the "Quality Chasm in the Behavioral Health Treatment for America's youth, and Families."
- Larke Huang, Director, Office of Behavioral Health Equity, SAMHSA, is presenting on the topic of "Effective Approaches to Serving Children with Mental Health Challenges and Their Families."
- Suzanne Fields, Senior Advisory to the SAMHSA Administrator on Health Care Financing, who will be presenting on "Health Reform: Opportunities to Sustain and Promote Mental health and Substance Use Services and Supports to Children and Their Families."
In the Know for Tampa 2013 (cuz you know you need to come early)
Same conference hotel, new name and phone number. The Hyatt Regency Downtown hotel is under new ownership, and is now a Hilton property. More info.
There's lots to do in Tampa the weekend before the conference!
- Florida Strawberry Festival
A short drive from hotel
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts
A short walk from hotel
- Check out more events here.
Detailed Agenda At-a-Glance (Sneak peek)
See You in Tampa