In partnership with the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and Jockey Being Family, the American Academy of Pediatrics has developed materials for pediatricians on how to support adoptive and foster families.
This webinar will introduce participants to the new trauma guide and its accompanying materials. This Webinar will strengthen attendees' abilities to:
- identify traumatized children,
- educate families about toxic stress and the possible biological, behavioral, and social manifestations of early childhood trauma, and
- empower families to respond to their child’s behavior in a manner that acknowledges past trauma but promotes the learning of new, more adaptive reactions to stress.
Helping Foster and Adoptive Families Cope With Trauma
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
- Speakers: Heather C Forkey, MD, FAAP, John Stirling, MD, FAAP, Andrew S. Garner, MD, PhD, FAAP
- Target Audience: Pediatricians and other health professionals
- Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now