The National Leadership Council on African-American Behavioral Health is out with an innovative and fun project designed to get young people signed up for healthcare. Read their announcement below:
Healthy Young Americans
We are launching a YouTube video contest called Healthy Young Americans to encourage young people to get health insurance and take advantage of the new options available to them under the healthcare act law. Submit a video by uploading to YouTube and emailing us the URL…. Get your family and friends together and MAKE IT GO VIRAL!
HOW IT WORKS
- Before you get started make sure you are between the age of 16-32 (if you are under 18, you must have permission from your parent/guardian before applying).
- Create a video with one of the below mentioned themes
- Upload your video to YouTube. Email the following information to info@NLCouncil.org:
- URL of your posted video
- your full name, cell phone number, age and email of the applicant
- brief description about yourself and others that are in the video.
- Encourage your friends to view and like your video!!!!!
Themes: Use your creativity
- create an educational video featuring 4 key facts about healthy lifestyles for youth
- Perform a recreation of a song using the importance of healthy lifestyles for youth as the basis of your lyrics
Include at least 1 of these facts:
- Over 20 million young adults (ages 18-25) across the country lack basic health insurance coverage
- African Americans are more likely than others to not have health insurance
- 3 million previously uninsured young adults have joined their parents’ health insurance plan.
- Young people have the highest rate of injury-related emergency department visits among all age groups
- 1 in 5 Americans struggle with their mental health (like depression and anxiety).
Having trouble getting started?
Consider answering one or more of these questions in your video:
- Why is it important for young people to have health insurance?
- How does healthcare insurance equate to a healthy life?
- While transitioning into adulthood whose responsibility is it for your healthcare needs?
- Does the average young adult know where to go to sign up for health insurance?
Thank you for sharing your creativity, ideas and knowledge with us and with viewers around the world.
CONTEST SPONSOR: National Leadership Council on African American Behavioral Health, better known as NLC
To be eligible for the 2013 Healthy Young Americans Video Contest (“Contest”), an entrant (“entrant” or “you”) must:
- Visit healthcare.gov website and you OR your parent/guardian (if under the age of 18) must create an account.
- Send a friend request to “NLC_page” on Facebook
- at least 16-32 years old, and a legal resident of the fifty United States or District of Columbia,
*Only a registered participant who creates an original video may enter or win. Employees, officers, directors, representatives, and agents of Sponsor and any company involved in promotion, administration or fulfillment relating to the Contest and their immediate family members and persons living in their same household are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant.
The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. EST on October 9, 2013 and ends on October 25, 2013 11:59 p.m. EST
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
- You must create an original 1- to 3- minute video on the themes listed above
- You must have or open a YouTube account, and upload your Video on YouTube.com by 11:59 p.m. EST on October 25, 2013. Once you upload your Video, you may not modify or edit it.
- Convey the need for young people (ages 16-32) to have health insurance
- Must feature or touch upon the idea that young people are not invincible and have a need for routine medical visits and preventive treatment
- Express the necessity for young people to have health insurance in a fun and memorable way through music
- Must be between 30-180 seconds in length
- All videos must be submitted in mp4 or .mov format and must be 200MB or less.
- Reflection of Contest Theme - Why Are You Walking in 2013? (40%)
- Originality and Creativity (30%)
- Overall Appeal (30%)
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S);
This is a skills contest. Subject to these Official Rules, Sponsor will select 3 winners from all eligible entries. Upon conclusion of the Contest Period a panel of judges comprised of selected Sponsor staff will judge the Videos based on the above Judging Criteria. In the unlikely event of a tie, the judges may break the tie by determining which of the tied Submissions better reflects the Contest theme. If no entry meets all Contest requirements, no winner will be chosen. The local winner who receives the highest total score from the judges will be the Grand Prize Winner. All “winners” are considered “potential winners” until verified by Sponsor and may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and where lawful, publicity release. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
- Grand Prize will receive $500
- 2nd Place will receive $250
- 3rd Place will receive $100
PLUS National air time on NLC and its partners websites. AND your video will be viewed by White House and Federal Government Staff!
You (A) agree unconditionally to comply with these Official Rules as well as the terms and conditions of use as well as all laws, regulations, and rules applicable to the Contest and (B) grant Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable right to reproduce, distribute, creative derivative works of, publicly perform and display your Submission, including your Video, in all media now known or later developed and to use your name, voice, likeness, and biography for all purposes in connection with the foregoing and Sponsor’s mission including fundraising and promotion.
*You may submit only one video
You represent, warrant, and covenant that (1) the Video is original and made for the Contest and has not been previously published in any media, (2) the Video does not violate the copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or other right of any third party (including such elements as music, graphics, trademarks, logos, etc.) and does not promote any product, service or commercial message, (3) you have the complete authority to grant all rights granted in these Official Rules and related materials, (4) neither you nor any one depicted in the Video is subject to any union, guild, or collectively bargaining organization or contract that would restrict Sponsor’s use of the Video in any way, and (5) the Video will not contain any content that is obscene, crude, or vulgar; any derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; any references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct or other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. You must obtain all necessary permissions in writing to use the name, likeness, voice, and other characteristics of any person in your Video as may be necessary to grant the rights granted to Sponsor in these Official Rules.
You will indemnify Sponsor (and its employees, officers, directors, representatives, and agents) from all liabilities, damages, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by any indemnified party based on a third-party claim arising from Sponsor’s use of your Submission or your conduct in connection with this Contest, including claims for copyright or trademark infringement, violation of a person’s right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation.
All of Sponsor’s decisions concerning matters relating to the Contest are final and binding.
Limitations of Liability
Neither the Sponsor nor anyone involved in the Contest will have liability for (A) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with these Official Rules, (B) entries or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to technical or human error, (C) technical malfunctions, including those arising from electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, (D) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any acceptance, possession or use of any prize, (E) any person’s attempt to participate in the Contest who is unable to upload or download a video or any information in connection with the Contest, or (F) inaccessibility or unavailability of Sponsor’s or YouTube’s websites, in whole or in part, for any reason. You (1) agree that under no circumstances, will Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, agents, or licensees ("Released Parties") be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of your participation in the Contest or associated with the prizes, even if any Released Party has been advised of the possibility of such damages and (2) waive any rights to bring any claim in any forum related to your participation in the Contest beyond one year after the first occurrence of the event or condition upon which the claim is based.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reschedule, modify or terminate the Contest or these Official Rules, in whole or in part, in the event that the Contest cannot be administered as planned or as intended by the Official Rules. The word “including”, in these Official Rules means “including, but not limited to.” The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States.