Sharing this wonderful opportunity from our colleagues at the National Council for Behavioral Health
InSHAPE® is a wellness program designed to improve the physical health of people with serious mental illness. Apply now and you’ll not only receive support implementing it – you’ll participate in a research study that will help make the program even better.
- Training in the InSHAPE® Program (a 4-day training).
- Personal trainer certification reimbursement for one designated health mentor at a local or online AFAA, NASM, ACE or ACSM chapter.
- Implementation support through ongoing bi-weekly health mentor supervision, as either expert technical assistance OR a monthly virtual learning collaborative.
- An iPad to assist the health mentor track participant progress and program outcomes.
- A $2,500 annual stipend to offset costs associated with data collection for the study.
All mental health provider organizations that could be ready to implement InSHAPE® by January 2017 are eligible. Applications need to be submitted by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, June 24. Sites will be announced in September 2016 and the program will begin in March 2017. To access the Request for Applications click here. Access the Application here.
Attend an informational webinar this Thursday, June 2 from 2-3:30 p.m. ET for more information on the program and how to apply. Register here.
More information on InSHAPE® can be found at www.TheNationalCouncil.org/training-courses/dartmouths-shape-implementation-study/.