To demonstrate the impact of Statewide Family Networks (SFNs) and the importance of SAMHSA funding for SFNs, the Family Run Executive Director Leadership Association (FREDLA) is pleased to release a new report summarizing a survey of 31 SFNs.
The report, Statewide Family Network Grants: Building capacity for family-run organizations, confirms many things we have known, but lacked the information to verify. The 31 organizations responding to the survey reported that:
- SFNs provided support or education to over 109,000 families during the last fiscal year;
- SFNs had combined budgets of over 27.3 million last year with an average budget of $500,000 to $1 million;
- SFNs leveraged federal dollars in multiple ways by: states matching funds to support programs; attracting private foundation dollars; and launching new programs that are then sustained through other funding sources;
- SFNs provided an array of services and supports to families and professionals including: one-to-one support, training, suppport groups, conferences, newsletters, Youth MOVE, and social activities.
Should you want to learn more about FREDLA, you can attenda a one-hour webinar, FREDLA: How Can It Help Me and My Family Run Organization? on Tuesday, March 11, 2104 at 2:30 Eastern Standard Time.
- Registration Link for Attendees: https://soundconnect.webex.com/soundconnect/onstage/g.php?d=749018842&t=a
- Audio information for attendees:
Call-in toll-free number: 1-855-211-7751
Call-in number: 1-22267-0968
Conference Code: 600 676 1610