The American Academy of Pediatrics Early Brain and Child Development (EBCD) Leadership Workgroup is pleased to announce the availability of 5 new training and education modules for pediatricians and other health care providers. These modules provide key information and resources on the following early brain development topics:
- Module 1: Building Better Brains - The Core Story of EBCD
- Module 2: Toxic Stress - Why Environment Matters
- Module 3: Adverse Childhood Experiences - What Happens Early can Change Lives
- Module 4: Supporting Parents and Cultivating Community Relationships
- Module 5: EBCD Advocacy - An Opportunity to Change Childhood Outcomes
These modules are freely accessible and are designed to be flexible and adaptable to a variety of training needs, both for individual learners and group presentations. Each module includes a PowerPoint presentation with presenter notes, as well as a guide that provides tips for presenting the content, suggestions on timing, and additional activities and video clips that could be added to the presentation. Additional resources are also provided for those seeking more in-depth information.