We know that many of our readers are also affiliated with the National Council so we want to make you aware of a great opportunity to recognize someone you work with who may be a superstar in their work with children and families.
- In response to popular demand and to accommodate for the holidays, the submission deadline for the National Council for Behavioral Health’s 2013 Awards of Excellence has been extended to Thu, Jan 10, 2013. There is no cost to apply and you can submit in multiple categories. Applications and more details are online here.
- Need some help with the submissions process? Join Council staff for a webinar that answers your awards questions on Fri, Jan 4 (register here) OR on Mon, Jan 7 (register here — noon to 1 pm eastern both days.
- These most prestigious awards in behavioral health feature the:
- Impact Award (* Please note that nominees for the Impact awards must be from organizations who are members or are affiliated with the National Council);
- Mental Health First Aid Award (*anyone can be nominated); and the
- Lilly Reintegration and Welcome Back awards (*anyone can be nominated).
- The awards recognize consumers and family members, clinicians, leaders, programs, and organizations that have fought the brave fight against depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, and other mental and addiction disorders.
- There are cash awards of $5,000 – $10,000 in most categories. The winners are recognized at an amazing special celebration at the National Council Conference, April 8-10, 2013.
- Learn more about the awards and nominate someone who you think deserves recognition.