The Commonwealth Fund has done it again with another fantastic resource to help keep up to speed on quality indicators that are driving health care reform. Take some time to explore new featured reports on WhyNotTheBest.org, the health care performance benchmarking site from The Commonwealth Fund:
- California Counties: Prevention Quality Indicators (Region Comparison)
- New York State Hospitals: Patient Safety Indicators (Hospital Comparison)
- Medicare Readmission Penalties: New Jersey Hospitals (Hospital Comparison)
- Medicare Readmissions Penalties: Massachusetts Hospitals (Hospital Comparison)
- Massachusetts and Connecticut HRRs: HIT Adoption (Region Comparison)
Coming soon: Updated data on the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's inpatient quality indicators, reflecting the quality of hospital care; patient safety indicators, which focus on potentially avoidable complications and adverse events; and prevention quality indicators, which assess quality of care for ambulatory care–sensitive conditions. The data, which come from 15 states, are the most up-to-date data available and are comprehensive, including information from all payers—Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurers.
The Network will be following this website closely. You should too!