At the Network we were devastated by the news of the shooting at the Aurora, Colorado movie theater. The incident brings up more questions than answers and forces us as a nation to take a hard look at some difficult issues. We've been paying close attention to how people are reacting to the incident and would love for you to share your thoughts. Via the internet and social media we've seen a wide array of responses, ranging from conversation about gun control issues, mental illness, and violence in movies. We've posted a few examples here.
- President Obama speaks about the tragedy in Colorado
- Court appearance fuels theories about Colorado shooting suspect
- Joe Scarborough, MSNBC: Retract your statements about autism and the Colorado shooting
- Colorado shooting suspect was under psychiatrist's care
- Colorado shooting a reminder that psychiatry, not gun laws, needs fixing
- Harvey Weinstein Calls for Filmmaker Summit on Violence in Movies After Colorado Shooting
- Colorado Shooting Shows the Failure of Gun Control Laws
We came across this image being shared via Facebook.