We just learned about what looks like a great new resource for parents on child trauma issues.
Here is an excerpt from the description:
- The online resource for parents and caregivers devoted to children's mental health information, kidsmentalhealthinfo.com is launching a new "Child Trauma" section. The new trauma content includes important information for parents and caregivers to help them with a child who has been a victim of a traumatic event. This section is filled with frequently asked questions, an extensive resource library of publications, facts and figures and links specifically focused on childhood trauma.
The new Child Trauma section also includes:
- Examples of potentially traumatic events for children
- Detailed explanations of the signs and symptoms of childhood traumatic stress
- Information on when parents should seek help
- A comprehensive list of effective childhood traumatic stress interventions available in Connecticut and nationally
- Trauma-focused supports and services