Join the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Commission to Build a Healthier America as it hears testimony from leading experts regarding how best to support health in communities and during early childhood. The Commission is charged with identifying actions the nation should take now to improve health.
When: June 19, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Guest speakers will include:
- Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, President and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Commission Co-Chairs Mark McClellan and Alice M. Rivlin, The Brookings Institution
- Commission Staff Director David R. Williams, Harvard University
- Jack P. Shonkoff, Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University
- David Erickson, Center for Community Development Investments, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Arthur J. Rolnick, Human Capital Research Collaborative, University of Minnesota Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Elisabeth D. Babcock, Crittenton Women's Union
- Jessie Rasmussen, Buffett Early Childhood Fund
- Nancy O. Andrews, Low Income Investment Fund
- David W. Fleming, Department of Public Health, Seattle & King County
- Laura J. Trudeau, The Kresge Foundation
- Paula Braveman, Center on Social Disparities in Health, University of California, San Francisco
See the event agenda, including two expert panels, and a complete roster of Commissioners. Additional information, including the Commission's 2009 report and recommendations, may be found at: www.rwjf.org/goto/commission.