State Reforum is offering a timely webinar on Wednesday, March 13th, from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST. You have heard a lot of talk from us about the pros and cons as stated by governors about states making expansion decisions. But what about the other Medicaid changes in the ACA? This webinar will answer some of those questions. Here are the details:
Beyond the Expansion Decision: Tackling the Other Medicaid Changes in the ACA
- Wednesday, March 13th | 1:00 - 2:30 PM EDT
- Register here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/bfbrvi0b6cgv
State decisions about whether or not to expand Medicaid have begun to unfold, but Medicaid has many other critical changes in the works. States face complex eligibility and enrollment, financing, benefit-design and consumer-assistance requirements to untangle, and 2014 is approaching quickly.
A panel of state officials and other experts will describe how states are handling the challenges:
Matt Salo, Executive Director, NAMD
Alice Weiss, Program Director, NASHP
Kaitlin Sheedy, Policy Analyst, NASHP
Beth Osthimer, Director, Medicaid and Health Reform, Division of Coverage and Enrollment, Office of Health Insurance Programs, NY State Health Department
Linda Skinner, Assistant Director, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
John Supra, Chief Information Officer, South Carolina Dept. of Health and Human Services
After a brief overview of key reforms and their significance, the panelists will answer questions like:
- What progress have they made to date in simplifying and automating enrollment and renewals? What are some of the toughest remaining issues?
- How are they coordinating state or federally facilitated health insurance exchanges to prevent coverage gaps?
- Do they plan to roll out a Medicaid benchmark plan and what will it look like?
- How do they plan to provide consumer assistance?
The panel will also take questions from webinar listeners, so sign up to participate.