The FREDLA Board of Directors is pleased to announce a new Diverse Leaders Scholarship Program for Executive Directors of family-run organizations and authorized leaders of American Indian and Alaskan Native communities. Family leaders from four eligible racial/ethnic communities are invited to apply: American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian and Pacific Islander, African American/Black, and Hispanic/Latino. The family-run organizations must be focused on the well-being of children and youth with mental health, emotional or behavioral challenges and their families.
- One $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who belongs to one or more of the four racial/ethnic communities.
A committee comprised of a cross section of ethnic and cultural groups will review all applications and select the final scholarship awardee. FREDLA Board Members or staff are not eligible to apply.
Scholarships must be used solely for professional development activities pertaining to knowledge and skills to lead a family-run organization including: registration, travel and hotel to attend local, state or national conferences or workshops.
Eligible applicants must submit four documents;
- Completed application Application for Fredla Diverse Leaders Scholarship
- Resume (If you do not have a resume, see the sample resume)
- A letter of recommendation from a Board Member of your organization or Tribal Council or Project Director for American Indian or Alaskan Native family leader.
- A letter of recommendation from a community partner.
All four documents must be submitted together and mailed to the following address:
- FREDLA Diverse Leaders Scholarship Program
4725 Dorsey Hall Drive Suite A 316
Ellicott City Maryland 21042
All documents must be received in the FREDLA office by Friday, May 16, 2014.
All documents must be submitted in one envelope. Documents that are sent separately will not be considered. Documents received after May 16th will not be considered. Documents that are emailed or faxed will not be considered.
Please read the instructions carefully. If you have questions or need assistance, contact FREDLA Project Coordinator, Malisa Pearson at email@example.com or 517.281.7036 and she will be happy to assist you.
The FREDLA Board is committed to building leadership and organizational capacity for family-run organizations. This Diverse Leaders Scholarship Program is a one demonstration of that commitment.