New York State in the News
2012 is going to be an exciting year to say the least, with major elections, health care reform and budget challenges for all. And yet, in the midst of all of this "excitement" we have some amazing things taking place in system of care communities across the state. We also face challenges that may keep us up at night. This forum is a place where we can share both our success and our challenge as we work tirelessly (whatever happened to 9 - 5?) to improve services and supports for children and youth with mental health challenges and their families.
- What are you doing currently that you are most proud of? Share it with us so we can all benefit from your success.
- What is keeping you up at night gnashing your teeth? I will bet there are those of us who have had similar experiences and may be able to offer a tip or two.
- How are you approaching the challenge of financing and sustaining innovation and systems change.
- How are you promoting cross systems collaboration at the local level (MH, Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice, Education)
- How are you promoting the principles of system of care (e.g. family driven) - could potentially be a couple of topics related to different principles
Okay, that's quite a starter list! The point is that we are a group of passionate and committed professionals, policy makers, families and youth who share a common goal of incorporating the values and principles of a systems of care approach into the design and delivery of services to families.
Let us hear from you. Let's get the dialogue started!