Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
The goals for Wraparound Milwaukee as written in the grant application are to: 1) expand service capacity for a community-based, integrated program that serves children with serious emotional disturbances and their families; 2) Expand the array of services offered; 3) provide services that are culturally competent; 4) divert children from residential care and hospitalization; and 5) sustain funding for the program.
During its first year, Wraparound Milwaukee focused on children up to 18 years of age with serious emotional disorders who were either in residential care or at risk of residential placement and who also had needs that required the services of multiple agencies. As of January 1999, the project was serving approximately 15 of the 175 children in this original group, called Wrap I. In the project’s second phase, referred to as Wrap II, the target population was redefined to include youth who are either ready to return home from a residential placement or are at immediate risk of out-of-home placement. Wraparound Milwaukee is reportedly now the most often used alternative to juvenile placement. Planned enrollment was expected to reach 600 to 700 children by the end of 1998. As of January 1999, 650 children and families were enrolled in the program. The geographic boundary of the catchment area for this service system is defined as Milwaukee County and children served by Wraparound Milwaukee reside throughout the county. According to reports prepared by the site, the majority of families were African American (63%), with Caucasian (28%), Hispanic (7%), and Native American or Asian American (2%) families making up the remainder
Click the first letter of your state's name:
- A-KO-NES Wraparound System of Care
- Children’s Mental Health Services Initiative
- Children’s System of Care / California 5
- Multiagency Integrated System of Care (MISC)
- Sonoma-Napa Comprehensive System of Care
- Spirit of Caring Project
- Family HOPE (Helping Organize Partnerships for Empowerment)
- Tampa-Hillsborough Integrated Network for Kids (THINK) System
No organizations are available in Guam.
- Kalamazoo Wraps
- Mno Bmaadzid Endaad (“Be in good health at his house”)
- Southwest Community Partnership
- North Carolina Families and Communities Equal Success (FACES)
- North Carolina System of Care Network
- Pitt-Edgecombe-Nash Public-Academic Liasion Project (PEN-PAL)
No organizations are available in Puerto Rico.