Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Focus of the System of Care Initiative
Kalamazoo Wraps is building upon the system of care work begun by the county in 1996, and transforming the previous categorical model to the means of delivering supports and services throughout Kalamazoo County, braiding responsibility, accountability and authority across systems. The vision of Kalamazoo Wraps is to improve the lives of youth with serious emotional disturbances (SED) and the lives of their families so that they have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Focusing on the outcomes of increasing functioning within the family and community, increasing school functioning, increasing community and natural supports, decreasing juvenile court involvement, out of home placements and decreasing stigma associated with mental health issues.
Population of Focus
Any family residing in Kalamazoo County that has a youth 7 to 17 years who meets the state and federal definitions of having a serious emotional disturbance (SED) and who is eligible for multiple child-serving systems.
What's happening now?
We are focused on sustaining all of the efforts that we have initiated, developed and modified over the past 15+ years. We are currently sustaining all efforts of the initial application from 2005 as planned and are developing additional system of care partnerships such as primary care health and transistional age youth. We are also strengthening partnerships, interventions and strategies such as Child Welfare, Trauma Focused CBT,and coordinating services and resouces for youth in foster care. We have begun our Phase III plannning for what our System of Care looks like post federal funding. Phase I being the 10 years prior to receiving the grant, Phase II being the 6 years of receiving the grant and now Phase III post grant funding. We are committed to continuing our efforts to continually improve our System of Care in Kalamazoo County.
Kalamazoo Community Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
432 West Crosstown Parkway
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001
Click the first letter of your state's name:
- A-KO-NES Wraparound System of Care
- Children’s Mental Health Services Initiative
- Children’s System of Care / California 5
- Multiagency Integrated System of Care (MISC)
- Sonoma-Napa Comprehensive System of Care
- Spirit of Caring Project
- Family HOPE (Helping Organize Partnerships for Empowerment)
- Tampa-Hillsborough Integrated Network for Kids (THINK) System
No organizations are available in Guam.
- Kalamazoo Wraps
- Mno Bmaadzid Endaad (“Be in good health at his house”)
- Southwest Community Partnership
- North Carolina Families and Communities Equal Success (FACES)
- North Carolina System of Care Network
- Pitt-Edgecombe-Nash Public-Academic Liasion Project (PEN-PAL)
No organizations are available in Puerto Rico.